Coronavirus: Death Toll Crosses 360 In China, 3rd Case Confirmed In India

by GoNews Desk 3 weeks ago Views 519
Coronavirus: Death Toll Crosses 350, 2nd Case Conf
ads
The coronavirus shows no signs of abating in China where the death toll has crossed 360 and over 14,000 cases have been reported of the virus. Meanwhile, the third confirmed case of the coronavirus in India has been from Kerala’s Kasargod. The second case was reported from Thiruvananthapuram.

The Union Health Ministry has confirmed this by issuing a statement that the patient, who had returned from China, has been quarantined in a hospital. "The patient is stable and being closely monitored,” the ministry said.

Also Read: Firing Reported At Jamia, 3rd Such Incident In Last 4 Days

With the confirmation of the second coronavirus case in Kerala, Union Health Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan has said that he is in constant touch with the Health Minister of Kerala in this regard. He further assured all possible help to the Kerala government to deal with the virus.

After the second case of the coronavirus came to light, India on Sunday temporarily suspended the facility of E-visas to Chinese and other foreign travellers arriving in India from China. The Indian Embassy said that due to certain current developments, travel to India on E-visas stands temporarily suspended with immediate effect. This applies to holders of Chinese passports and applicants of other nationalities residing in the People’s Republic of China.

Amid this, India successfully rescued 654 Indians and seven citizens of the Maldives stranded in China’s Wuhan, the area worst-affected by the coronavirus, on Sunday. The government has made arrangements for conducting thermal screening at seven international airports, including Delhi, to ensure that any passenger returning from China or Hong Kong with symptoms of the coronavirus can be given immediate medical attention.

Meanwhile, the first case of the death of a coronavirus patient outside China has come to light in the Philippines. The patient was 44 years old and he belonged to Wuhan. According to the World Health Organisation, the deceased had already been infected with the coronavirus before arriving in the Philippines.