Famed Mumbai Chef Floyd Cardoz Dies Of Coronavirus

by GoNews Desk 3 months ago Views 1647
Famed Mumbai Chef Floyd Cardoz Dies Of Coronavirus
The number of coronavirus patients in the country keeps increasing. According to new statistics, more than 100 new cases came to light on Wednesday and the number of patients increased to 606.

There is ruckus in Goa after four new cases were detected for the first time. The Goa government said that among them is a 25-year-old who has returned from Spain, a 29-year-old who came back from Australia and a 55-year-old who returned from the U.S.

Also Read: COVID-19 Terror: Newspaper Sales Down By 80% During Lockdown

Amid this, the first death from the coronavirus took place in Gujarat, where an 85-year-old woman in Ahmedabad succumbed to the disease. She had recently returned from Saudi Arabia.

Floyd Cardoz, a world-renowned Indian chef, and the co-owner of Mumbai’s famous restaurants Bombay Canteen and O Pedro, passed away due to the coronavirus. Born in Mumbai, 59-year-old Cardoz had been undergoing treatment in America’s New Jersey but could not be saved.

Meanwhile, despite a nationwide lockdown, classes are still going on in Rohtak’s Post-Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, where 200 students are studying in a group.

In a letter to Haryana’s Health Secretary, AIIMS Resident Doctors’ Association has said that the lives of students are in jeopardy due to the non-implementation of the lockdown. The Association has appealed for the classes to be suspended immediately.

In West Bengal’s Bankura district, residents of a village have shut it off using bamboo to prevent people from moving around. Villagers said that this is a message that people should stay at home during the lockdown unless they have to do something extremely essential.

Similarly, people in several tribal-dominated villages in Jharkhand have also put entire villages under lockdown.

Meanwhile, the Srinagar administration in Jammu and Kashmir was earlier very anxious because of not getting information about 152 people who had returned from visits abroad. But now, these people have been identified.

Srinagar DM Shahid Chowdhary said that those 152 people who had recently returned from abroad but had not provided details of the same have been identified. All of them have been placed under quarantine. 

The DM has appealed that everyone who has returned from foreign trips should definitely come forward, so that this epidemic comes to an end as soon as possible.

Latest Videos

Facebook Feed