GoPlus: Top News Of The Day
Oct.10 - GoPlus: Top News Of The Day with Rupali Tewari
- PMC Bank Customers Confront Nirmala Sitharaman At Mumbai BJP Office.
- Congress leader Pranav Jha in relation to the Rahul Gandhi hearing in a defamation case says the Government is trying to silence opposition voices through intimidation.
- Country's largest public sector bank, State Bank of India, has cut interest rates on savings accounts and fixed deposits. The move will impact the retired and senior citizens the most.
- After the spiraling onion prices, the retail price of tomatoes shot up to Rs 80 per kilogram in Delhi on Wednesday due to supply issues from flood-affected states. Prices in other cities have also sky-rocketed.
- Gwalior Police registers an FIR against Vishva Hindu Parishad (VHP) & Bajrang Dal workers for waving swords and celebratory firing inside a school.
- India's first 'Garbage Cafe' opens in Chhattisgarh's Ambikapur. Customers will get breakfast in exchange of half kilogram of plastic while a full meal is offered in exchange of one kilogram of plastic.
- After record rainfall in the last 25 years, the withdrawal of monsoon has started from Thursday. The Meteorological Department estimates that by October 20, the monsoon may be completely over.
- In a disheartening news for Jio customers, the company starts charging six paise per minute for outgoing calls on rival networks from today.
- American streaming service Netflix is expanding its aggressive push on local content in India with a new partnership with actor Ajay Devgn’s company Ajay Devgn Films (ADF). The first collaboration of the two will be a feature film titled 'Tribhanga' that will mark the digital debut of Devgn’s actor wife, Kajol.
- Mary Kom Becomes First Boxer to win 8 world Championship Medals
- Opener Mayank Agarwal slammed a second consecutive Test hundred while Virat Kohli and Cheteshwar Pujara scored half centuries to guide India to 273/3 at stumps on Day 1 of the second Test against South Africa here on Thursday.