GoPlus: Top News of the Day
Sept.24 - Watch GoPlus Top News of the Day with Rupali Tewari
- Tremors in north India after earthquake hits PoK
- RBI restrictions on the Punjab and Maharashtra Co-Operative Bank lead to major panic among customers. Withdrawal limit of Rs 1,000 also imposed.
- Banks strike, scheduled on September 26 & 27, has been postponed by the bank unions to protest against many demands, including the merger of 10 banks. After meeting with Finance Secretary Rajiv Kumar on Monday, the employees of the bank union decided to postpone the strike.
- SBi cuts GDP growth estimate to 6.1% in the current fiscal year
- There has been a decline in the circulation of 2000 rupee notes during FY19. In the mean time, circulation of 500 rupee notes has increased
- Onion prices continue to rise across the country. A kilogram of onion is being sold at Rs 70-80 in Delhi and other retail markets of the country
- For the eighth consecutive day, petrol prices hiked by Rs 0.22 while the diesel prices have been hiked by Rs 0.14 in Delhi.
- After Prayagraj and Varanasi, flood-like situations arise in Bihar. The water level of many major rivers including Ganga is continuously rising. Relief and rescue work is being carried out in several districts including the capital Patna since Monday
- US President Donald Trump while meeting with the Pakistan PM Imran Khan has once again reiterated mediation talks on Kashmir only if both the countries agree.
- Congress leader Pramod Tiwari advises PM Modi to make US President Donald Trump understand that Kashmir is an internal issue and no third-party mediation is required.
- Income tax department questions Election Commissioner Ashok Lavasa’s wife Novel Lavasa in connection with her income and benefits received as director of 10 companies, including two Tata group firms and six of the Welspun Group.
- Thomas Cook, world’s oldest travel firm, collapsed on Monday, after last-minute negotiations failed, stranding hundreds of thousands of holidaymakers around the globe.
- 16 youngsters, including Greta Thunberg from around the world, filed a petition at the United Nations Human Rights Committee against the most pollution emitting countries.
- Dish TV is planning to introduce a new Android TV-based Set-Top Box to the customers in the next few weeks
- Barcelona talisman, Lionel Messi, bags FIFA Best player of the year award for the record sixth time while America's Megan Rapinoe bagged her first FIFA best woman player of the year award in Milan.