GoPlus: Top News of the Day
Sept.30: GoPlus Top news of the Day with Rupali Tewari
- More than 120 people have lost their lives due to floods in UP and Bihar. The Meteorological Department has issued Orange Alert in 14 districts of Bihar and Red Alert in 10 districts of UP.
- Five days of heavy rains in Bihar have devastated large areas with the administration ill-equipped to cope. The state capital Patna was also severely affected, where even the Deputy CM had to rescued from his home
- Gujarat riots: SC pulls up Gujarat government for not paying compensation and providing a house to Bilkis Bano. Orders payment of Rs 50 lakh interim relief and a job
- After returning from a tour of J&K, Congress leader Ghulam Nabi Azad says he was not allowed to meet people freely and was under constant surveillance
- GoNews' Anjali Ojha questions the Union Minister for Minority Affairs Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi on the government's continuing claims of normalcy in the Kashmir Valley
- The BJP has released the first list of 78 candidates for October 21 Haryana Assembly elections. The list includes 38 sitting MLAs.
- Several Congress leaders including Union Minister Jitin Prasada and Women Congress President Sushmita Dev were banned from entering Shahjahanpur on Monday, ahead of a rally in support of the jailed law student in UP
- Students of Odisha's Biju Patnaik University of Technology stage protest on campus against the government's decision to increase M.Tech's fees by 10 times. Students say that by increasing the fees in IITs, the government is snatching the opportunity for poor students to study in institutions like IITs.
- Oil companies increased the price of petrol by 8 paise and diesel by 9 paise in Delhi. After this increase, the price of one-liter petrol in Mumbai has now gone up to 80 rupees 8 paise.
- A dance group in Surat performs Garba with a heady twist while wearing helmets to promote road safety
- The auspicious nine days of Navaratri have begun and Hindus all over the country are observing fast and detaching themselves from anything that makes them impure during this period. A GoNews special on the significance of these nine days for the Hindus.
- The streaming major Netflix offers free access to the first episode of ‘Bard of Blood’ to non-members in India to drive subscriptions