Lockdown Extended Until May 3, announces PM Modi. Easing Of Restrictions After April 20
- India to remain in lockdown till May 3
- Easing of restrictions after April 20
- All COVID-19 affected areas will be monitored closely
- Stricter vigil on states, local authorities and police stations over lockdown enforcement
- In limited areas like agriculture, some activity will be allowed under stringent guidelines
- Containment of hotspots will be a priority
- PM calls for respecting corona warriors - doctors, nurses, sweepers and police personnel.
- To business and industry: Don't terminate your employees
- Those affected by lockdown should bear difficulties as 'soldiers of the nation'
- Testing being done in over 220 labs.
- Over 1 lakh beds in India and 600 hospitals for treating COVID-19 patients. Facilities being expanded.
- India acted fast, still better off than other major affected countries
COVID-19 cases have already crossed the 10,000 mark in India
National Lockdown to be extended till 3rd May. Lockdown to be more strict in every district: PM pic.twitter.com/PnxQVnSb2C— GoNewsIndia (@GoNews_India) April 14, 2020
"We have enough food and medicines for the future. Please follow 7 steps to follow social distancing guidelines and help others."-- PM pic.twitter.com/aWaLces3XJ— GoNewsIndia (@GoNews_India) April 14, 2020