Climate Emergency: World On "Catastrophic Path" Says UN
GoShorts: #ClimateEmergency #Roundup We take you through some of the recent developments in climate change news to show that the #climatecrisis is fast approaching. Repeated #warnings are being sounded at the #international level for urgent #climateaction and #climatejustice
- WMO United In Science 2021 Report:
- Co2 Emissions Largely Back To Pre Pandemic Lvels
- Extreme Heat, Droughts, Heavy Rain More Likely Due To Climate Change
- The global average mean surface temperature for the period from 2017–2021 is among the warmest on record, estimated at 1.06 °C to 1.26 °C above pre-industrial (1850–1900) levels.
- Even If Emissions Targets Are Met, Sea Levels Are Projected To Rise 0.3–0.6 m by 2100 and could rise 0.3–3.1 m by 2300.
- Link Between COVID-19 And Health Risks Caused By Heat, Air Pollution, Wildfires