COVID: Third Wave Resurging In India, WHO Stresses 70% Vaccination In All Countries
The world and India is gearing up for a surge in Coronavirus pandemic infections. IN the USA, Europe and Australia, case counts are increasing alarmingly, driven by the new Omicron variant.
- India Is Now Amid Third Wave Of Coronavirus Infections As Omicron Variant Cases Continue To Rise. Maximum Cases In Maharashtra With Over 13,888 Active Cases
- COVID Cases Up 6 Times Over Past 9 Days, 56% Rise In Cases Recorded Over 24 Hrs, However, Recovery Rate Is At 98% As Well. Total Active Cases 42,174 With 534 Deaths
- Delhi Facing Its “5th Wave” Says Health Minister Satyendra Jain, Anticipates 10,000 Cases Today As Delhi’s Positivity Rate Hovers On 10%, Dominant Variant Is Omicron (85%)
- WHO Says Rapid Spread Of Omicron Variant Can Lead To Emergence Of Others, Even As New ‘IHU’ Variant More Virulent Than Omicron Detected In France Yesterday
- At The End Of 2021, India Missed Its Target Of 100% Vaccinations. Till Date, 147 Crore Vaccines Have Been Administered. 22.81 First Doses, 32.71 Second Doses Given In 24 Hrs To Adults, 85 Lakh To 15-17 Teens