LIVE | Anurag Thakur Announces Cabinet Decisions
Cabinet ecisions Press Briefing by Union Minister Anurag Thakur, brief excerpts:
- 60 lakh farmers are linked to cotton agriculture. The Cotton Corporation of India has been allocated a Committed Price Support of ₹17,408 crore.
- MSP was defined but the previous governments did not buy. 350-60 bales of cotton is the annual production in the country, of which the CCI alone purchased 123 lakh bales in 2019-20
- In FY 2021-22, ₹1,584 cr will be spent on the MPLAD scheme whereas from FY 2022-23 until 2025-25, ₹15,833 cr will be spent; a total amount of ₹17,417 cr will be spent until 2025-26
- Many MP’s contributed to PM CARES which was used towards creating Covid infrastructure. Now that the economy is recovering, he said that the MPLAD amount will be given to representatives to allocate towards developmental projects in their areas.
- The government is engaging with the auto industry to make Indian vehicle engines compliant with 20% ethanol in petrol. New technologies will be used to reach the 20% target by 2025.