GoPlus: Top News of the Day
Aug.29 - Watch Top News of the day with Rupali Tewari:
- President Ram Nath Kovind Confers National Sports Awards
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launches 'Fit India Movement'
- Congress raises questions over the appointment of Judge who denied P Chidambaram’s bail as the chairperson of Prevention of Money Laundering Act Tribunal
- Under-staffed, ill-equipped, working extreme hours and under high stress. These are the conditions under which the country's police forces work, according to a Status of Policing in India Report, 2019.
- Congress leader Tariq Anwar while commenting on Satya Pal Malik’s ‘log inhe juton se maarenge’ remark on Rahul Gandhi says, Satya Pal Malik forgets that he is Governor of Jammu & Kashmir, not a BJP worker
- Mobile and Internet services have been restored in five districts of Jammu namely Doda, Kishtwar, Ramban, Rajouri & Poonch
- After Supreme Court's permission Sitaram Yechury reaches Kashmir to meet CPI(M) leader Yousuf Tarigami
- Cabinet relaxes FDI norms: 100% FDI in coal mining, 26% in digital media; 75 new medical colleges approved; 60 lakh tons surplus sugar to be exported
- While hearing the bail petition of Bhima Koregaon violence accused Vernon Gonsalves, Bombay High Court asks him, ‘Why have you kept Tolstoy's ‘War And Peace’ At Home? and added that the very nature of the documents obtained from his house are against the state
- Tamil Nadu environmental activist Piyush Manush thrashed & garlanded with shoes by BJP workers. After the attack, Piyush said that he & his family were getting threats for a long time
- To deal with monkeys destroying crops in Himachal Pradesh, farmers are now resorting to poisoning them
- Credit rating agency India Ratings downgrades India’s GDP growth forecast to 6.7% from an earlier estimate of 7.3% for FY20
- Team India after winning the first test match against West Indies is all set to play second test match at Sabina Park stadium in Jamaica.
- In many parts of the country, the trend of making eco-friendly idols is catching up but only at a minuscule level