Rafale Deal | Congress | Supriya Shrinate Asks "Why Modi Govt Is Afraid Of JPC"
The Congress has been upping the ante agains the Modi government on the Rafale fghter jets deal. It refered to the latest round of evidence of middlemen and commissions taken by them as reported by the French media outlet Mediapart.
- Today, party spokesperson Supriya Shrinate came to the press with what she says is “new evidence” on the Rafale fighter jets deal, for which the Modi government had already received a “clean chit” from the Supreme Court headed by Justice Ranjan Gogoi
- On 23rd October, Alok Verma was removed from Directorship of the CBI in a “coup” after the agency received reports of ‘middlemen’ who had received money for the Rafale fighter jets deal
- First, why did the government not act upon the vidence received by the CBI and the ED on this matter. What investigation was carried forward? Why only 36 and not 126 jets were bought, and what became of the “technology transfer” provision.
- Why was the price per jet increased from Rs. 526 to Rs 1670 crores, and why was the anti-corruption clause dropped which would have prevented middlemen and commissions for the deal?
- She challenged the government on the formation of a JPC(Joint Parliamentary Committee) into the deal and asked why it is “running from an investigation”.