GoPlus: Top News of the Day (19th August)
Watch top news of the day (19th August) with Rupali Tiwari
- Rescue teams in Delhi put on alert after Haryana releases 8.28 lakh cusecs water from Hathni Kund Barrage
- Former Haryana Chief Minister and Congress Party leader Bhupinder Singh Hooda comes out in support of the Centre's decision to revoke Article 370 in Jammu and Kashmir. Hooda says Congress Party has lost its way.
- UP Police arrests social activist and Ramon Magsaysay awardee Sandeep Pandey and associates for the third time in a week over their protest against abrogation of Article 370
- Cabinet expansion in Karnataka likely on Tuesday after Chief Minister B. S. Yediyurappa's weekend meeting with Amit Shah.
- Five students of a government hostel in Karnataka were electrocuted by a high tension wire while trying to bring down the Indian flag after Independence Day.
- SC dismisses petition by Tarun Tejpal in sexual harassment case, orders trial against the former Editor-in-Chief of Tehelka.com be completed within six months.
- UP Police fails to nab the culprits who shot dead a Dainik Jagran journalist and his brother inside their house in Saharanpur.
- In a crackdown on gun culture after the Christchurch massacre, New Zealand has already purchased over $10.2 million worth of weapons in a buy-back scheme from its citizens
- Public Sector Banks witness a huge drop in their share prices post-budget. Nifty 50 index drop by 7.5%, Bank Nifty by 10% and Nifty PSU Bank Index dropped by 21%
- Over five thousand educated & unemployed people register themselves under the Employment Exchange in a week.
- Two Bollywood movies released this Friday - Missional Mangal & Batla House. Mission Mangal earned Rs 96.50 crores while Batla House earned Rs 33.50 crores over the weekend at the Box Office.