GoPlus: Top News Of The Day
Sept.25 - Watch GoPlus: Top News of the Day with Rupali Tewari
- Protests across the country over privatisation of airports
- UP law student who accused BJP's Chinmayanand of rape has been arrested in an extortion case filed by the politician just a day before a court is to hear her request for protection from arrest. She has been sent on judicial custody for 14 days.
- Sunni Waqf Board on Wednesday took a u-turn when it refused to acknowledge Ram Chabutara as Ram’s birthplace and called it a belief of the Hindus. A day earlier on Tuesday, the Board acknowledged Ram Chabutara as Ram’s birthplace. Sidharth Pandey reports
- US President Donald Trump praised PM Modi during a meet in New York. Trump compared him to famous American singer Elvis Presley and called him the "Father of India"
- US House Speaker Nancy Pelosi announces a formal impeachment process against US President Donald Trump accusing him of violating the Constitution in seeking help from a foreign leader to damage a political opponent.
- Gates Foundation’s Communication Specialist and Program Officer Saba Hamid quits in protest over Global Goalkeeper award to PM Modi.
- A powerful 5.8 magnitude earthquake struck northeast Pakistan on Tuesday, badly damaging scores of homes and shops in PoK and killing at least 30 people and injuring over 450.
- Two students have been detained by Larkana Police in relation to the murder of a Hindu girl, Nimrita Kumari, in Pakistan.
- Police resorted to baton charge against Anganwadi workers who were protesting outside Chief Minister’s residence in Jharkhand’s Ranchi . The workers have been staging protests to highlight their demands for the last 40 days.
- A unique women-centric entrepreneurial Taragram fair is ongoing in Uttar Pradesh’s Orchha where women entrepreneurs are selling handcrafted products. A special report by Sadhika Tiwari
- Defying societal norms, Pragya Devi, an e-Rickshaw driver in UP’s Mirzapur took on the responsibility to support her family by driving a three-wheeler. Pragya says the money earned will be used for her children's education and encourages more women to take up the profession.
- Hailstones destroy apples worth of lakhs in Shimla's Theog & Narkanda region.
- After entertaining entire nation for over four decades, Bollywood icon Amitabh Bachchan has been selected for this year's Dadasaheb Phalke Award.