GoPlus: Top News of the Day
Watch GoPlus Top News of the Day 26th September with Rupali Tewari
- While the RBI has raised the withdrawal limit from Rs 1,000 to Rs 10,000 at the Punjab and Maharashtra Co-Operative Bank, customers say it's not enough and are in panic over their funds being stuck
- Two Dalit kids beaten to death for openly defecating in Madhya Pradesh's Shivpuri district. The two culprits have been arrested by the Police
- Chief Justice of India Ranjan Gogoi reiterates 18th October as the deadline to conclude the hearing of Ram Janmabhoomi-Babri Masjid dispute case.
- Congress leader & former Haryana PCC President Ashok Tanwar snubs State Election Committee meeting held today in Delhi. He says he’ll not campaign with Deepender Singh Hooda or Kumari Selja but is determined to capture 85 seats in the upcoming assembly elections in the state.
- The Allahabad High Court granted bail to one of the main accused & three others in the Bulandshahr mob violence case, which led to the death of a police officer in Uttar Pradesh's Bulandshahr last December. Yogesh Raj, a local leader of the Bajrang Dal, was among those accused of inciting a mob of over 400 people to kill Inspector Subodh Kumar Singh during clashes over cattle carcasses found in Mahav village.
- Antigua Prime Minister Gaston Browne says Mehul Choksi is a crook and will be deported ultimately to India after he exhausts all his options.
- On Thursday, oil companies again raised prices of petrol and diesel. Oil companies increased the price of petrol by 6 paise and diesel by 7 paise in Delhi.
- Economic slowdown grips rural India as wage growth in rural areas touches the lowest mark in the last 10 years, according to a recent report by State Bank of India (SBI). From 14.6% in FY14, rural wage growth came down to 1% in 2019.
- Micro enterprises are creating jobs in rural India amid the slowdown in the economy, and women are the driving forces behind the wheel. Chairman of Development Alternatives, Dr. Ashok Khosla, says the idea behind is to raise the status of women not just in financial terms but also at the societal level.
- India's TV Industry witnesses a growth of 9.5% in FY19 and is expected to grow further, according to a recent report by KPMG titled 'India's Digital Future'.
- Sweden's climate activist Greta Thunberg has been awarded the 'Right Livelihood Award' by the Swedish Human Rights Prize Jury. She has received this award for bringing attention to the issue of climate change at the global stage