ads

US Says It Will Respond to Threat From PLA by Reviewing Forces Deployment

by Amitabh Joshi 9 months ago Views 745

The US Secretary of State, Mike Pompeo, said that America is assessing its deployment of resources to counter China’s ‘provocative military actions’, including its threats to India, among other nations.

“In certain places there will be fewer American resources. There’ll be other places – I just talked about the threat from the Chinese Communist Party, so now threats to India, threats to Vietnam, threats to Malaysia, Indonesia, South China Sea challenges, the Philippines. We’re going to make sure we’re postured appropriately to counter the PLA. We think that’s the challenge of our time, and we’re going to make sure we have resources in place to do that”, Pompeo said while addressing the German Marshall Fund’s Brussels Forum in a video conference on Thursday.


The US Secretary of State also said that he had spoken to EU Foreign Ministers about the People’s Liberation Army’s provocative military actions. “They include its continued aggression in the South China Sea, deadly border confrontations in India, an opaque nuclear programme, and threats against peaceful neighbours”.

Other nations need to step up and take responsibility for their own defence in ways that they hadn’t done previously, Pompeo said.

The remarks were made against the backdrop of the US heavily reducing its troop deployment in Germany.

In his earlier discussions, he said “the CCP has broken multiple international commitments, including those to the WHO, the WTO, the United Nations, and the people of Hong Kong”.

Pompeo also brought up what he called the “CCP’s predatory economic practices, such as trying to force nations to do business with Huawei, an arm of the Chinese Communist Party’s surveillance state”.

Latest Videos

Latest Videos

Facebook Feed